Monday, September 15, 2008

MY WORLD

Before I was born, I was

Joint with my mother.

She nourished me and conveyed me

To the world

I thought it was my world


Then I was born, and I

Found that I was in the hands

Of my father.

He kissed me like I was his treasure.

I thought it was my world.


Then I realised I had a brother too

When he often came and sat by me

Tickled tricked tilled and tripped me.

I thought it was my world.


Soon after I met my grandparents,

My uncles, my aunts, and their

Sons and their daughters

It was my family.

I thought it was my world.


Then there were family friends,

Neighbours and many more

As well

Whom I started to count in

My world

It was big, but small

I thought it was my world.


Then I went to school.

Initially it was the alien planet I had arrived on.

Eventually I begun to realise that it was a part of my existence

Then I thought it was my world.


One day I made friends

I was glad god made them

Shared my sorrows and saw them divide

Shared my happiness and saw it multiply

And I thought it was my world.


I saw the reflection of myself

Shining in the mirror;

Extending the hand of friendship

And I befriended myself.

Now, I am my world.-small but big.

13.12.07

2 comments:

Unknown said...

ashima................m soooooooooooo proud to call u ma frend...........amazing poem.........i nvr knew tht u wer sooooooooooooooooo gud...(aftre all meri dost hai...kuch toh seekhegi....lol)......
truly beautifull.....spl d bro vala para.......
*amazing*...

ashima madan said...

haha....thanks yaar!!