Friday, August 29, 2008

The Dance Of Innocence

It makes me laugh like flowers in the field………..

It makes me cheer like a fish in flow…………….

It makes me spin, round as globe…

It makes me jump, as high as heavens……


It makes me glow, as bright as a star…..

It makes me merry as if a Christmas tree……

It makes my heart

As beautiful as rain


I stretch my hand

In aid of happiness

In the shadow of sun

In the drought of oceans….

I dance, I dance

As blissfully as a butterfly


Fiercely…and fiercely my heart now beats

Joyously…and joyously my heart gets healed

By Ashima Madan

17th may ’06


(This is one of my personal favorites!! )

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! beautiful and so true! I can fee the emotions in your use of words.

The difference in perspective when addressing a similar subject is what makes poetry an art! I am impressed to read your perspective of what a dance of innocence is.

You are a good writer.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

ashima madan said...

Yeah! Poetry Rocks!
Thanks for the praises!
:)

Cheers to poetry!