Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Thenks, Benks


When I went to Paharganj on a hot Sunday morning, I discovered a lot of the walls, shutters and random objects of scribble value autographed by the name of 'Benks'.
Who is Benks? I wondered. "Some guy who has nothing to do and hence wrote his name everywhere" said my cousin who was accompanying me.
After a considerable amount of research and googling, I found out that Benks who is famously known as Banksy or Benksy is a British graffiti Artist known for the irony and political bend in his work. He is apparently the highest pai
d graffiti artist in the world and his identity remains hidden even after several attempts of unmasking him. His real name is probably Robert or Robin Benks.


What brings him to India? I speculated. But then I concluded that probably a fan of his made an attempt to familiarise us Indians with him in support of graffiti art.
You can see his work on his website here-http://www.banksy.co.uk/in​dex.html


**Graffiti art is often seen as an unlawful activity defacing public property. However, another trail of thoughts reflects upon it as a marvellous method of opining silently.**

1 comment:

Rahul Gupta said...

There needs to be a 'Like' button on blogs too. For when you have nothing to say. :)